Free In-home Assessment
Our free assessment/consultation in your home is the first step to a better quality of life. It is an important part of how you choose your home care company. Each assessment is done by an owner, client care co-ordinator or supervisor. This initial meeting is important and allows you to meet the people who will be supervising your care.
The assessment will take about an hour and you will be asked some important questions to help us understand how we can customize your care to meet and exceed your expectations. If your family is involved with your care, please feel free to invite them to attend the assessment, especially if this will give you a further level of comfort.
During the assessment, it is very important that we get an understanding of you, your medical conditions, and your likes and dislikes.
We may ask you:
- Do you have any allergies?
- Have you had any falls recently?
- Do you need help with bathing, if so, do you prefer a bath or shower?
- Do you need help getting dressed or undressed?
- What medications do you take?
- What activities do you like to do? Read, watch TV, go for a walk, play cards, have friends in for tea?
After the questions have been answered, a quick Home Safety Assessment will be done to ensure all precautions are taken to ensure the ultimate safety in your home. We will take a quick look at items to reduce the risk of falls, such as loose rugs or mats, and check for safety in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.